From : Auburn, New York, USA
Area : Northeast
Period : circa 1964 ~ 1965
Debut : 1965, Creco 45 (45-1004)
- ・1964/cir. ~ : The Kids
- Patric 'Butch' Amarando (l.gr), Louis Marullo (gr), Paul Colella (bs),
John Bertonica (ds)
below notes from back sleeve.
・This fabulous foursome have been building an impressive reputation across
the Empire State for more than a year now. In spite of their young ages,
they perform with consumate skill and always leave their audiences wanting
to hear more.
- Paul Colella, age 10, plays electric bass; Louis Marullo, age 12, plays
rhythm guitar; John Bertonica, age 13, plays drums and Patric (Butch) Amarando,
age 13, on lead guitar. Their ages obviously tells you why they chose to
call themselves ....... The Kids.
- Summer of '64, The Kids walked away the victors of a big battle of the
bands contest at Sodus Bay, New York, on Lake Ontario. Fall of '64 they
brought the house down at the New York State Exposition. In December of
the same year, The Kids entertained a croud of over 8,000 at the Syracuse
- Early in 1965, The Kids made two performances at one of the State's top
entertainment spots - - - 3 Rivers Inn. In March of '65, they proved they
could hold thier own with the big guys when they rocked the campus of Colgate
- In addition to playing numerous theatre dates and record shops, The Kids
have gone over big on local TV dance parties.
- They're not only top entertainers, but they write some great pop music
too. Early in the summer of '65 The Kids put their heads together and wrote
these two sides - - Flipperd Hair and Lace b/w Lovin' Everyday.
- Chroma Records is Happy to present .......... The Kids